- I started my career at a leading insurance law firm and have advised Lloyds and companies market insurers and reinsurers ever since.
- I provide policy coverage advice to insurers and reinsurers in the upstream and downstream energy, power, construction and engineering sectors, as well as defending third party liability claims and pursuing subrogated recoveries.
- I have considerable expertise in offshore energy claims and have advised clients in respect of claims under construction and operational policies involving upstream and downstream issues.
- In the construction and engineering and power sector, I advise CAR/EAR insurers in relation to disputes concerning motorways, airports, car parks, ports, tunnels, power plants and wind turbines involving claims for physical damage, machinery breakdown, business interruption, contingent business interruption and delay in start-up.
- Throughout my career I have used mediation and other ADR methods to settle high value, complex, commercially and politically sensitive matters in jurisdictions on every continent.
Notable experience includes:-
- Advising on complex policy, law and jurisdiction issues following a blow out of a well in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Defending insurers against a sue & labour claim involving pipe handling equipment onboard the world’s second largest semi-submersible in Libya.
- Advising liability insurers of drilling operators following a well out of control incident in Indonesia.
- Applying to the High Court under the Hague Convention to compel witnesses to give evidence in connection with losses arising out of Hurricane Katrina.
- Successfully advised insurers to avoid a CAR Policy following a breakdown of a steam turbine at a UK power plant.
- Adjudicating disputes arising out of the construction of Wembley stadium.