- I have 17 years’ of experience in the personal injury field: over seven years as claimant representative and over nine years as a defendant representative.
- I have been a qualified solicitor for almost 14 years and with BLM for over nine years.
- I specialise in credit hire and have been dealing with credit hire cases for 10 years.
- I undertook a nine month secondment with a leading insurer advising on credit hire procedure and strategy.
- I qualified as a barrister having undertaken the Bar Vocational Court at the Inns of Court School of Law.
- In 1999 I commenced work within a solicitors firm and completed the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test in 2003, later being admitted in November 2003.
- I am the co-author of credit hire chapter in Bingham and Berrymans.
Significant reported cases
Corbett v Gaskin (2007) - test case relating to the recoverability of Accident Exchange's hire charges.
Bent v Highways & Utilities Construction Limited + Allianz Insurance Plc (2010 + 2011) - 2 Court of Appeal decisions regarding the assessment of hire rates and the evidence required to prove rates.