- I have over 20 years' experience in representing healthcare clients in respect of all manner of healthcare claims and regulatory matters.
- My experience includes high profile, complex cerebral palsy and brain surgery claims (having extensive experience in all manner of catastrophic injury claims in both healthcare and general insurance settings).
- My caseload includes all manner of healthcare claims including obstetric, gynaecological, surgical, dental, psychiatric, ophthalmic, radiological, anaesthetic and general medicine claims.
- I have represented clients in relation to litigation arising from complaints concerning allegations of sexual abuse, regulatory matters before the dental council, Irish medical council, opticians board, HSE investigations and garda investigations.
- I have advised clients in relation to data protection, coroners inquests and Freedom of Information request.
- I have developed a reputation for being both efficient and effective; with a highly developed capacity to progress matters through pro-active and advantageous case management
- I am a keen proponent of mediation and other forms of ADR.
- I have settled a number of cases through the implementation of periodic payment orders.
- Admitted as a solicitor to Law society of Northern Ireland (1989)
- Admitted as a solicitor to Law Society of Ireland (1997)
- CEDR accredited mediator (2015)
Significant reported cases
- Inter alia Cooke v Cronin et al
- O'Mahony (a minor) v Corr et al
- Purdy (a minor) v Lenihan, Skelly et al
- English v NEHB & Mulcahy
- Egan v MHB & Keogh
- Buckley v O'Herlihy et al
- Bingham v Crowley et al