- Since qualifying in 2012 I have specialised in insurance litigation, handling claims for a number of major insurers. My work involves motor claims with a focus on credit hire as well as complex employer and public liability claims.
- With a keen eye for detail I advise insurance clients on complex policy indemnity issues specialising in fire and property damage claims.
- I have experience in professional negligence claims particularly surveyors' and architects' negligence.
- Following completion of the Law Society (NI) Certificate in Advanced Advocacy in 2017 I regularly conduct my own advocacy including acting on behalf of nurses at Nursing Midwifery Council regulatory hearings.
- I am part of the editorial team that puts together BLM Northern Ireland's monthly newsletter keeping clients up-to-date on legal developments.
Significant reported cases
- Watson v McCullough  NIQB 90 – successfully challenged an Appeal brought by an accident management company in respect of its credit repair labour rates. This set a precedent for future cases.
- Member of the Focus of Insurance Lawyers’ Costs Sector Focus Team
- Member of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers’ Protocols Sector Focus Team
- Member of the Law Society of Northern Ireland Credit Hire Working Group 2021
- In 2016 I undertook a part-time six month secondment in one of Northern Ireland’s largest housing associations.