- I work closely with insurers who monitor the increase in fraudulent property claims at both the claims and underwriting stages to detect and defend such claims.
- In 2018, the ABI recorded just under 100,000 fraudulent property claims – there’s never been a more important time for property sector insurers to be vigilant.
- You can see my thinking about tackling property fraud in the May 2020 edition of Insurance Day https://www.blmlaw.com/news/vigilance-is-just-as-important-as-technology-in-tackling-property-fraud
- I have worked in the insurance sector for over 25 years and have extensive experience of high value and complex property fraud claims involving arson, staged theft and other deliberate or exaggerated damage.
- In addition to property and commercial claims involving fraud, I also specialise in related policy coverage issues.
- I regularly advise insurers preparing responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Significant reported cases
Bate v Aviva Insurance  EWCA Civ 334
Yeates v Aviva Insurance  EWCA Civ 634
Aviva Insurance v Brown  EWHC 362 (QBD)
Joseph Fielding Properties (Blackpool) Ltd v Aviva Insurance  EWHC 2192 (QBD)
Direct Line Insurance v Khan  EWCA Civ 1794,  Lloyd's Rep IR 364