Worked continuously for the insurance sector for the last 20 years, specialising in property and commercial claims involving fraud and related policy coverage issues. Extensive experience of high value and complex claims involving arson, staged theft and other deliberate or exaggerated damage. Regularly advises insurers preparing responses to the Financial Ombudsman Service.
Significant reported cases
- Bate v Aviva Insurance  EWHC 1687 (Comm)
- Yeates v Aviva Insurance  EWCA Civ 634
- Aviva Insurance v Brown  EWHC 362 (QBD)
- Aviva Insurance v Joyce (2011)
- Joseph Fielding Properties (Blackpool) Ltd v Aviva Insurance  EWHC 2192 (QBD)
- Direct Line Insurance v Khan  EWCA Civ 1794,  Lloyd's Rep IR 364