- I act for companies operating in the contracted out secure estate.
- I have extensive experience relating to inquests, coronial law and judicial review, as well as personal injury cases.
- I also deal with cases involving alleged false imprisonment, bailment, contempt of court and Data Protection Act issues.
- I am regularly instructed in Article 2 inquests where death has occurred whilst in prison, police custody, immigration centres, and whilst under secure escort.
- I have been instructed in cases where prisoners and officers have been injured in attempted escapes from escort vehicles.
- I am regularly instructed in Judicial Review cases.
- I also provide assistance to clients’ employees called to give evidence at criminal trials and to assist in criminal investigations.
Significant reported cases
Re: Prince Fosu (due to be heard 2017/18) : death in Immigration Removal Centre.
Re: Leo Barnes (2016) : death of a prisoner during his trial for double murder prior to cross-examination.
R v Registrar-General ex CPS (marriage in prison).
R v Secretary of State for the Home Office, ex p D and K (medical care in immigration detention centres).
R v SSJ 2015 (refusal to permit kirpan in Crown Court dock).