- I have over 25 years' experience in handling property-related insurance claims and as the lead partner for the Property Damage & Recovery team at BLM I work closely with insurers to protect their business by identifying ways to shorten the lifecycle of claims and to identify any instances of fraud.
- Escape of water claims across the insurance sector often form the highest proportion of all claims notified and the number and cost of those claims continue to rise. According to ABI data, its members pay out approximately £2.5m every day on EOW claims.
- I am regularly instructed on high value, complex losses often involving multi-party actions and have particular experience in dealing with claims involving large construction projects as well as claims under property investor schemes, real estate and heritage properties. I also act on behalf of clients operating in the rail industry.
- Recent cases include a number of high value and technically challenging fire spread losses on housing developments involving issues of workmanship and design.
- I am lead Partner for a core participant in the significant and high profile fire in West London which occurred in 2017. Other cases include claims under Efficacy covers and business interruption losses.
- I am one of BLM's leading coverage advisors and also BLM’s Head of Policy Coverage. I advise on the defence of liability claims and pursuing subrogated recoveries on all classes of (non-injury) related losses, both domestic and commercial and including the application of warranties, conditions and exclusion clauses, incorporation terms and misrepresentation and non-disclosure.
Fellow of The Chartered Insurance Institute (FCII)