- I specialise in construction and engineering on both transactional and dispute resolution matters and have been involved in numerous projects around the country and abroad.
- I advise both private and public sector clients including developers, contractors, consultants, funders, end users – such as operators and education clients – local authorities and private individuals.
- My work includes advising on procurement strategies and the form of contract to be utilised on projects, advising on risk profiles under contracts, drafting and negotiating agreements including building and/or engineering contracts, consultants' appointments and associated agreement, interpreting contractual provisions and assisting with disputes.
My recent experience includes acting for:
- The University of Central Lancashire in relation to its £200m masterplan redevelopment.
- Exertis (UK) Ltd in relation to the purchase and development of a 543,620 sqft warehouse and conversion into a network distribution centre at Burnley Bridge Business Park.
- The HCA in various local infrastructure fund projects around the country.
- Hotel Land & Development in relation to a hotel development at Queens Insurance Building 13- 19 Castle Street Liverpool L2 4XE.
- Adhering to payment procedures in Building Products Magazine, September 2015
- Construction Operations under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 in Building Products Magazine, August 2015
- CDM Regulations 2015 in Building Products Magazine, March 2015
- Liquidated and ascertained damages and penalties in Building Products Magazine, September 2013
- Performance Bonds and their non-provision in Building Products Magazine, December 2012