- I am a specialist white collar crime and investigations lawyer, with over 15 years’ experience of advising corporates and/or high-net worth individuals in a variety of white collar crime proceedings involving allegations of bribery, corruption, fraud and/or money laundering where external investigations/proceedings are initiated by the SFO, CPS or HMRC.
- I regularly provide training to senior management on ABC compliance, and where necessary, drafting or amending existing policies and procedures.
Recent highlights include:
- Advising and representing Skansen Interiors Limited in the UK’s first, and currently only, contested prosecution under section 7 of the Bribery Act 2010, where the ‘adequate procedures’ defence was raised for the first time (R. v. Skansen Interiors Limited (unreported))
- Advising two directors in the SFO’s ongoing investigation into a well-known grocer
- Advising and representing senior Gambian diplomats charged with the evasion of VAT by the CPS
- Undertaking a large-scale internal investigation on behalf of pharma client operating in a number of jurisdictions regarding allegations of bribery and fraud raised by NHS Protect
- Drafting new ABC policies and procedures for a fit-out client in the construction sector, and providing training to the company to ensure compliance with those policies
- Fraud Lawyers’ Association
- Private Prosecutors’ Association
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association