- I specialise in all aspects of road traffic litigation, ranging from high value personal injury claims, to fatal accidents, and motor prosecutions, as well as inquests.
- I act for a number of major insurers and their insured. I have significant expertise handling motor claims against police drivers.
- My civil caseload consists of claims ranging from chronic pain to subtle brain injury, as well as amputations.
- I have also dealt with numerous criminal motor prosecutions, which involve representing drivers at the police station for PACE interviews right through to Crown Court trial. These cases range from dangerous driving to causing death by either careless or dangerous driving.
- I also represent drivers at the coroner’s court often doing my own advocacy.
- As part of my role, I am required to advise clients on policy coverage especially those matters where there is an overlap between motor, public liability, and employers' liability claims.
- I have achieved significant savings at joint settlement meetings often settling claims for a fraction of the sum claimed.
- I am the co-editor of the 11th, 12th 13th and 14th editions of Bingham and Berrymans, as well as a number of supplements.
Significant reported cases
- Hales v Miller  EWHC 1529 QB
- Armsden v Kent Police  EWCA Civ 631
- Lyons v Kent Police  EWHC 364 QB
- Dursun v J Sainsbury Plc  EWHC 233 (QB)
Large insurers, major insureds, police and local authorities.