- I have over 30 years' experience of insurance and commercial litigation.
- I act for insurers, corporates and public bodies in large loss and complex cases.
- I have considerable experience of acting in fatal claims.
- I act in commercial and personal injury actions in the Court of Session and Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland.
- I am a former tutor in civil advocacy at Edinburgh University and have been a Solicitor Advocate since 2003.
My recent successful reported cases include:
- Linda Smith v Scottish Water 2014 CSOH 140
- SWBS Ltd v Automatic Retailing (Scotland) Ltd 2014 CSOH 57
- Susan Hughes v Fife Council and Another 2019 CSOH 19/3/19
- Jacqueline Edwards v Fife Council and Another 2019 CSOH 19/3/19
- Danielle Weddle v Glasgow City Council 2019 SC EDIN 42
- BLM’s Executive Board
- Edinburgh Sheriff Court Personal Injury Users Group 2011 - 2018
- Society of Solicitors in the Supreme Courts of Scotland (SSC) Society
- Society of Solicitor Advocates
- Law Society of Scotland