- I have a wide range of experience and expertise in all aspects of civil litigation, including casualty, property and road traffic cases and I specialise in high value complex claims for insurers and their individual and corporate policyholders.
- My main areas of focus are motor, employers’ and public liability cases, in particular those involving severe injuries, amputations and fatalities.
- I am the head of our Solicitor Advocacy Unit, I regularly provide advice to customers, draft court pleadings and appear in the Court of Session.
- I am head of the Glasgow office.
Significant report cases
- A settlement in a multi-million pound claim involving a claimant with catastrophic pelvic injuries involving discount rate arguments, provision of prosthetics and substantial care claims.
- I was instructed in a case which proceeded to jury trial involving a former soldier who claimed that he developed delayed onset Post traumatic stress disorder and was unable to return to work after receiving a minor electric shock at work. Detailed medical investigations and surveillance were presented to the jury which cast doubt on his claims. The Pursuer was awarded £3,500 by the jury resulting in a huge saving on reserve for insurer.
Law Society of Scotland
Society of Solicitor Advocates
National Institute of Trial Advocacy