- I have over 16 years' experience acting for a wide range of professionals, specialising in claims against architects, engineers, design and build contractors and other construction professionals. I also have extensive experience of advising my clients on coverage issues and disputes.
- I often handle complex and multi-party disputes, through both litigation and alternative forms of dispute resolution, such as mediation, arbitration and adjudication.
- As well as defending claims for professionals and their insurers, I act for various commercial clients, both inside and outside the construction industry, on contract disputes and in high-value recovery actions.
- I regularly provide my clients with seminars on a variety of topics, including mediation strategy, collateral warranties, limitation in construction claims and disclosure obligations under the Insurance Act 2015.
My recent experience includes:
- Defending multi-million pound claim against project managers and contract administrators arising out of construction of block of flats in central London in violation of planning conditions.
- Defending claim in the Technology & Construction Court against design & build contractors arising out of the failure of a rainwater dispersal system and the flooding of a major retail outlet. Having settled the claim at mediation, I helped my client successfully recovery a substantial proportion of the settlement sum from its sub-contractors and consultants.