- I was admitted as a solicitor in Ireland in 2008 and in England and Wales in 2010.
- I specialise in the defence of professional indemnity claims against construction, legal and financial professionals. I advise a wide variety of professionals such as engineers, architects, architectural technologists, quantity surveyors, solicitors, accountants, financial advisors, trustees and their insurers.
- I have extensive general experience in dealing with employment, intellectual property, personal injury and defamation claims.
- The majority of the professional indemnity claims I deal with are commenced in the High Court and involve multiple parties with a smaller number commenced in the Circuit Court. Most are resolved by negotiation with a view to minimising litigation costs with a smaller number being fully defended where appropriate.
- I have acted in several successful strike out applications and was recently involved in a successful appeal before the newly established Court of Appeal, resulting in the dismissal of a substantial professional indemnity claim against a firm of engineers.
- I am regularly instructed by Irish and International insurers to advise on insurance policy and coverage issues particularly in relation to professional indemnity policies.
- I have also advised in relation to financial loss and civil liability, corporate crime, directors and officers insurance, product liability, employment practice liability and structural guarantee insurance policies.
Dublin Solicitors and Bar Association