- I have been an associate solicitor at BLM since 2011.
- I act on behalf of a broad range of clients, specialising in health and social care. These clients include NHS Resolution, indemnity organisations, NHS Trusts, County Councils and care homes.
- I advise in relation to all health and social care matters, including inquests, inquiries, clinical negligence and regulatory. I also advise on privacy matters, in particular, in relation to breach of confidentiality, data protection and freedom of information, and regularly advise both healthcare and other clients in this respect.
- I have a particular interest in multi-faceted cases, whereby a number of legal proceedings arise from the same incident. For example, I defended a senior doctor in relation to a high profile baby death arising from a drugs error, and provided representation at the Deanery, GMC, inquest and advised in respect of breach of confidentiality/data protection issues and potential criminal proceedings.
Significant Reported Cases
- Sean Rigg (deceased) – acted for FME at the inquest and IPCC and subsequent police misconduct hearings.
- Godfrey Moyo (deceased) – represented nurse at the inquest.
- Smith v North East Derbyshire Primary Care Trust (Court of Appeal) – assisted on behalf of the PCT in relation to judicial review and subsequent appeal.
2009 – awarded higher rights of audience.