- Since 1990 my focus has been insurance referred litigation and associated work including; RTA, EL and PL, professional negligence, fire damage recovery, fraud, subsidence, assault, trespass to the person, litigation involving complex clinical issues, catastrophic injury litigation and substantial damages recovery actions.
- I advise insurance clients on complex policy indemnity issues, first party fraud – property and motor and third party fraud. He I also advise on health and safety legislation/investigations.
- I represented an insurance client in a “material exaggeration” subsidence claim which led to the former policyholder’s criminal conviction for making fraudulent insurance claims.
Significant reported cases
I defended a construction accident involving the first Health and Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI) and PPS corporate manslaughter prosecution running parallel with civil litigation. Ultimately the litigation matter resolved and the corporate manslaughter charge was withdrawn in the face of a plea to various HSENI breach of regulation charges.
- Law Society Northern Ireland Contentious Business Committee.
- Appointee to the Queens’ Bench Liaison Committee from 1998.
- Appointee to the QB Masters’ Liaison Committee from 2001.
- I regularly lecture for the Belfast Solicitor’s Association and the NI Law Society at CPD events.