- I am a leading catastrophic injury lawyer and a member of the BLM national catastrophic injury group, taking responsibility for the development and alignment of strategy within the group.
- I have over 10 years’ experience dealing with large and complex claims arising from industrial accidents, accidents at work and claims involving animals which result in a variety of values including catastrophic injury, chronic pain and complex issues.
- I have developed a niche area of specialism within the equestrian market and I am well-regarded for my knowledge and expertise within this area. I have a particular interest in the racing industry and act for a number of well-known owners and trainers. In addition to equestrian claims, I am instructed on a number of bovine and canine cases as well as industrial accidents, rail accidents and farming incidents.
- I have successfully fought to trial a large number of cases.
- I regularly advise on cases with fraud and exaggeration achieving favourable results and in particular achieving discontinuance despite liability being admitted.
- I regularly advise on coverage and policy issues.
- I supervise and support teams of proficient lawyers across the London and Southampton offices, all of whom deal with cases involving large and complex losses.
- I previously owned and ran an equestrian yard for over 10 years and have a growing flock of sheep (and lambs) as well as countless other animals.
- I have extensive experience of employment and family law from my previous roles.
Significant reported cases
Network Rail and QBE v Dermody  EWHC 2060 (QB)
UK Insurance Ltd v T/A Farrow & Sons  EWHC 190 (QB)
Tuson v Murphy  EWCA Civ.1461
Ford v Northern Rail  EWHC 1417 (QBD)