- My work involves acting for corporate and commercial clients in defending both public and employers' liability claims.
- I have extensive experience of working for transport and infrastructure operators in defending catastrophic and fatal injury claims, including liaising with internal and external teams dealing with concurrent inquests and regulatory prosecutions.
- Through my detailed approach and expertise in understanding what the key issues and evidence will be, I have successfully defended a number of high profile and high value claims. In the last few years alone I have successfully repudiated four fatal claims and two catastrophic injury claims either at the pre-issue stage, or shortly after proceedings were issued.
- I offer a full and high quality service that is focused on achieving the best result for the client.
- When dealing with cases or supervising colleagues, I always emphasise the need to have a clear end goal set and focus the work we do on any case towards that end goal.
I am a member of the BLM catastrophic injury team sub-committee focusing on developments in amputation and prosthetics.
I am a member of the BLM transport team that shares its knowledge from various different sectors to increase our expertise and improve the service we provide.
Goodsell v Echoraise Ltd (1) Network Rail (2) – Represented the Second Defendant in a catastrophic brain injury case with a pleaded value of around £15m.
Polidano v Balfour Beatty (1) BAM Nuttall (2) Network Rail (3) – Represented the Second and Third Defendants in a case where the claimant suffered a traumatic leg amputation on a construction site.
Gagic v Network Rail – Successfully defended at trial a claim involving a 16 year old killed at a level crossing.
Risely v Network Rail – Successfully defended at trial a claim pleaded at around £500,000 and involving complex expert evidence on the cause of a land slip.