- I am a catastrophic injury lawyer with over 15 years’ experience dealing with large and complex claims arising from accidents in the UK and abroad some of which have received significant media attention.
- I regularly advise on spinal cord, brain injury, amputation claims and high value chronic pain.
- I support several leading customers to manage some of their largest and most complex claims.
- I am currently handling one customer’s 15 most valuable claims with individual reserves in excess of £15 million.
- I have close ties with leading claimant law firms and developed collaborative handling practices alongside proactive rehabilitation; a key benefit to the early identification and resolution of complex issues helping to reduce indemnity spend and claim life cycles.
- I have been an active member in the Forum of Insurance Lawyers and sat on the CAT PI sector focus group which engaged with the insurance market on wide ranging issues including the discount rate, periodical payment orders and better use of ADR in catastrophic injury claims.
Significant reported cases
Knowles v Cullen & Ors 2012 EWHC 3536 (QB) acting for a successful defendant in a case involving liability of multiple defendants in an RTA.
- Forum of Insurance Lawyers