- I specialise in advising insurers and corporate policyholders in respect of employers', public and motor liability injury, material damage claims, regulatory matters, policy and coverage issues.
- I have specialised in highly intricate personal injury litigation for 30 years with particular focus on high value injury claims involving significant claims for loss of earnings and medical/ancillary expenses.
- I develop a good working relationship with experts in this field including senior counsel, medical advisers, accountants, vocational rehabilitation consultants and actuaries.
- Prior to joining BLM, I was instrumental in establishing and managing the legal department of one of the UK’s largest insurers. I have also worked in several other in-house legal departments throughout my career and I am well known in the insurance market.
- I have been awarded a Diploma in European Law in addition to a Diploma in Arbitration from University College Dublin.
I acted on behalf of a prominent goods distributor who was sued by an employee who alleged that he sustained a back injury whilst loading goods during the course of his employment. Evidence was adduced to the effect that the claimant participated in a skiing holiday and drove powerful motorcycles during the period of time he was allegedly incapable of working and was in receipt of disability benefits. He withdrew his claim after rigorous cross-examination by defence counsel and the case was widely reported in the media.
- Dublin Solicitors Bar Association Law Society of Ireland