- I qualified in 2008 with experience in civil litigation since 2003.
- I am a partner in BLM’s volume motor team. I oversee the management of a dedicated dual site team based in Glasgow and Manchester representing Aviva Insurance and GCSR clients aligned with other areas of practice including property and casualty.
- I have experience of representing large insurer clients, self-insured companies and individuals.
- My team deals with all aspects of litigation in motor claims up to £125,000.
- Aside from management of a large team, I also have conduct of multi-track claims involving complex injuries, indemnity and liability.
- With a keen eye for detail, I undertake thorough investigations on behalf of my clients and carry out my team’s advocacy for interim applications.
- Providing strategy advice to clients to mitigate avoidable litigation and minimise indemnity spend.
- Identifying and advising on market trends and know your opponent strategy and working collaboratively with various clients to implement processes and tactics.
- I provide clear, concise advice and have developed strong working relationships with every client, whether direction nominations or large insurers.
- Assisting in developing proactive strategies across the legal supply chain to accommodate change in light of evolving opponent strategies.
- Experience of project management providing onsite national training for insurers and claims handlers and restructuring of teams to mitigate avoidable litigation and assist with indemnity spend.
- I also provide technical training, including mock trials and information on all aspects of litigation.
I am an accredited mediator