- I qualified as a solicitor in 2003 and joined BLM as a partner in 2017.
- I have considerable experience acting for developers and advising both landlord and tenant clients on their portfolio of properties, and other complex property projects.
Examples of my recent experience include:
- I handled the sale of Piccadilly Gateway, the iconic “Lazy S” building adjacent to Manchester Piccadilly Railway station, for £26million.
- I advised on the acquisition, refinance, development and then subsequent letting of Issa Quay, a block of flats with 81 apartments, to an apartment hotel operator.
- I advised on the sale of development plots with the benefit of outline planning but with the developments being carried out by different parties. These deals involve complex works agreements to deal with the common infrastructure and the prioritising of step-in rights between the various developers and their funders. There are also co-operation agreements to deal with the discharge of planning conditions and the splitting of obligations in the over-arching section 106 agreement. The sales are usually subject to the grant of detailed planning and often contain security by way of charge for deferred payments. The buyers include national house builders, supermarkets but, can also include smaller regional developers.
- In addition, I have represented clients on renewals, surrenders, sub-lettings, licence to alter and way leave agreements, all of which support their property portfolios.