- I was admitted to the Roll of Solicitors of Northern Ireland in 2005 after graduating first in my class from the Institute of Professional Legal Studies and receiving the prestigious Law Society award for overall best solicitor student. In 2010 I obtained the Law Society of NI certificate in Advanced Advocacy.
- I manage the credit hire team in Belfast and advise clients during pre and post litigation on latest tactics to secure ultimate savings and reduce leakage on credit hire claims.
- As well as a particular interest in credit hire I also defend high value employers, public and road traffic liability claims for insurers, public bodies and self-insureds.
- I have considerable experience in advising insurance clients on complex policy indemnity issues and all aspects of suspected first party fraud.
- I also advise on declarations of seizure of motor insurance cover and defend a range of suspected third party fraud including fraud rings, staged accidents, phantom passengers and exaggerated personal injuries as well as HSENI prosecutions.
Significant reported cases
Clarke v McCullough (2013) NICA 50