BLM, the UK and Ireland’s leading risk and insurance law business and Cunningham Lindsey, one of the largest loss adjusting and claims management companies in the world, have come together to launch Profecta – a unique brand under which both organisations offer joint services.
Profecta refocuses and reinvents claims handling by combining loss adjusting, claims handling and litigation to deliver a streamlined service that saves both time and money. A mutual client of both organisations has described the offering as a ‘game changer’.
Covering casualty, motor and property lines of business, in addition to professional indemnity, Profecta will reduce the lifecycle of claims and ensure greater cost certainty. For corporate clients it will benefit a business’ bottom line and help maintain its reputation. For professional indemnity claims, Profecta results in early input from experts on liability and quantum, facilitating early and accurate reserves.
Mark Gilbert, Client Partnerships Director at Cunningham Lindsey said: “Cunningham Lindsey and BLM have worked for mutual clients for many years. We received such a positive response to our market research that we have formalised and refocused the service with the creation of Profecta which will deliver faster settlements, cost savings and efficiencies for clients. The objective is to combine skills and know-how of two market leaders across a broad spread of classes of business, and deliver the right person, at the right time to save time and money.”
Vivienne Williams, Partner and Head of Claims Solutions at BLM commented: “Claims handling will always involve a number of parties. Bringing the service together, with a single point of contact, creates a much more efficient service – particularly in terms of early stage assessments, fraud detection and more streamlined processes. Insurers, brokers and corporate buyers all understand the benefits – financial and reputational – that excellent and more efficient claims handling can bring to their business. By creating an integrated service, Profecta provides vital benefits at a time when the market is more competitive than ever.”
In a joint statement about our approach, Mike Brown, senior partner at BLM and Phil McNeilage, chief executive officer at Cunningham Lindsey: “We are giving our clients, customers and the wider market more opportunities and choice to consider the way their claims are managed. Profecta has been developed as an additional offering to the work we are currently doing with many of our risk and insurance clients and customers. This is an exciting proposition from BLM and Cunningham Lindsey which has already been well received by many of our clients and customers. We look forward to expanding the services offered under the Profecta brand.”
Key features of Profecta
- One point of contact
- Integrated claims management and removal of duplication
- One designated team comprising lawyers, claims handlers, investigators and adjusters
- Comprehensive geographical coverage
- Risk management support to reduce incidents and claims for corporate clients
- Self-service 24/7 MI web-based portal to enable clients and brokers to understand the risks clearly and to support risk engineering and placement
- Enhanced fraud screening, detection and investigation
- Access to a range of pre claim and rehabilitation services for casualty and motor claims
- Loss adjusting and site investigation services
- Opt in/Opt out service menu
- Employment advice and regulatory support for corporate clients
- Subrogated recovery expertise
- FNOL and accident management capability for motor claims
- Early input from in house experts on liability and quantum for professional indemnity claims delivering early and accurate reserves and effective strategy
- Advisory and claims management services options alongside litigation services for professional indemnity claims