At BLM, we have all the experience you want and expect from long-established Sports and Entertainment lawyers. With energy and agility we bring fresh thinking to our advice, understanding your needs and challenges, with a real ability to act fast when you need us.
If your sports organisation, production company or venue experiences a major incident and needs assistance with a response strategy to personal injury claims or regulatory prosecutions, our Sports & Entertainment team will guide you through every step. We offer legal support on a range of insurance issues throughout the world of sports claims, as well as commercial advice for property development, data protection, employment, intellectual property and defamation advice.
BLM has a long and successful history in representing governing bodies, sports clubs, associations and individual participants across a broad range of sports including golf, cricket, equestrian, football, rugby, martial arts and motorsports. Our team of experts provide technical yet practical support, giving consideration to protecting your reputation throughout. We help clients who are confronted by a variety of legal risks arising from sport-related activities, including:
- Injury to participants (players, athletes, coaches, referees, medical staff and other participants)
- Employers’ liability claims
- Injury to spectators
- Regulatory or criminal prosecution
- Abuse, bullying, harassment and stress
- Failure to train or educate
- Defamation and privacy.
We also have a wealth of experience in advising on all aspects of commercial property work including tenancies, developments, construction, property finance and real estate litigation.
BLM has long dealt with claims and high-profile incidents for event venues, festival organisers, film sets, recording studios, cinemas, theatres and local government. Our experts understand the importance of protecting your reputation should you encounter a major incident or issue, dealing with the situation sensitively so that consideration is given to your brand’s protection throughout. We handle claims for a range of requirements from event cancellation to catastrophic injury, and give advice on event contracts, construction planning and insurance policy coverage, specifically:
- Injuries to musicians, actors, performers production staff and customers
- Advice on media and lobbying campaigns
- Event contract advice
- Advising on stand collapse at entertainment venue
- Venue licencing issues
- Construction planning, noise and nuisance advice for theatres
- Potential illegal material in arts exhibition
- Restrictive covenants and royalties advice
- Copyright and defamation.