BLM’s Residential Development and Plot Sales team offers a complete service, from acquisition through development to the sales of completed homes and apartments. The team works closely together throughout any residential property development project. We act for a broad range of clients of all sizes including private sector developers and social housing providers, and regularly advise our clients on how to structure and deliver a variety of transactions, from larger multi-use regeneration projects to the smaller acquisition of sites for speculative residential development.
BLM delivers a highly specialised residential development and plots sales offering. The team have the specialist know-how to provide a full range of services encompassing all aspects of estate development from small sites through to large scale property developments.
Our specialist team can also provide advice on projects involving a range of different tenures and Government sponsored funding packages, such as Help to Buy and equity loan schemes.
Our recent residential property development projects include:
- Advising on the development and funding agreements between the public sector landowner, public sector funding body, social housing provider and private sector developer on a multi-phase redevelopment of the biggest listed building in Europe, to secure the delivery of open market and social housing dwellings.
- Advising on the acquisition of a development site comprising various listed buildings, for a multi-phase commercial and residential development.
- Advising on a number of Help to Buy agreements with the Homes and Communities Agency.
- Advising on the sale of ground rents, including portfolio sales.
- Advising on the funding and forward sale of a block of apartments to a private sector investment for PRS lettings.
The team operates from offices in the city of London and central Manchester. Our locations allow us to service our client’s requirements on a national basis. Our team is led by 6 partners working from both offices and is supported by a team of more than 20 qualified lawyers.