BLM’s Real Estate Finance team has a wealth of experience in advising both lenders and borrowers in all aspects of property finance. In addition, we have considerable expertise in negotiating and completing complex funding agreements for our developer and social housing clients.
Whether it is a development project, refinancing or obtaining security over a portfolio of properties, the Real Estate Finance team will be able to guide you through the process. The team is comfortable acting on all projects of all sizes.
We offer proactive and commercially focused advice to a full range of companies including finance institutions, high street banks, private banks, plus pension funds and private and institutional lenders and borrowers.
Our recent experience of property finance includes:
- advising a high street bank on the development of a 442 bedroom student property in Newport, a residential development site in Cheshire, a 242,000 square feet warehouse in Enfield, a portfolio of garages and the acquisition of a portfolio of care homes;
- acting for high street banks in relation to various transactions including a £7.2m loan to a plc for the acquisition of a mixed building comprising four ground floor restaurant units and over 50 residential flats sold on long leases together with a shopping centre being acquired for development purposes;
- acting on the incorporation of a chain of 7 family owned restaurants across Lancashire and subsequent refinance with Barclays, total facility value c£12m;
- acting for developer utilising local authority grant funding to deliver unique city-living standard accommodation in a North West city, facility c£2.1m and developed value c£4m.
- the £36m refinance of a portfolio of 21 multi-occupied office and industrial properties throughout the North West;
The Real Estate team operates from offices in the heart of the city of London and central Manchester. Our locations allow us to serve our clients on a national basis.