Businesses are increasingly aware of the value of their reputation as a key asset, especially in the online world where an unjustified accusation or “fake news” can make its way around the world faster than the truth. We can work with you to help set the record straight and redress the balance, whether the accusation has been made by a competitor, stakeholder or third party and regardless of the media used to disseminate it.
We work with a wide variety of customers ranging from large quoted multinational corporates and online retailers, PLC’s, owner managed growth businesses, professionals and start-ups, as well as directors, company owners and private investors. We also have strong experience and an in-depth presence and knowledge of the Creative, Digital & Media, Advertising, Marketing, Press & PR Sectors.
Our wide range of work includes:
- Social Media Issues
- Content advice (including advertising and marketing compliance, risk and reputation management)
- Platform and Website Take-Down Requests (including the “right to be forgotten”)
- Defamation, Malicious Falsehood, Harassment, Breach of Confidence. Privacy, Data Protection, Copyright and other disputes (including Domain Names, “Hate Sites” and Social Media Profiles)
- ASA Investigations and Adjudications
- OFCOM Investigations and Complaints
- Data Breaches and ICO Investigations
- Crisis Communications
We can work hand in hand with any customer’s Communications, Marketing and Public Relations and professional advisers to minimise valuable management time on dealing with legal matters and ensure a smooth, efficient, service provided and managed by senior and experienced lawyers. We are a trusted adviser; offering strategic, commercial, pragmatic and solutions-based advice in all areas of media law.
Our customers benefit from a partner-led, efficient, proactive, responsive and cohesive service from a dedicated team based across the UK, and through relationships with specialist advisors, professionals, attorneys and law firms across the EU and US.