The Insurance & Reinsurance Legacy Association (IRLA) invites members and non-members to attend this breakfast briefing by Paula Jefferson, Head of Abuse & Neglect practice group, BLM.
In multiple jurisdictions, inquiries, commissions and reviews are recommending redress schemes for victims of abuse. Insurers, reinsurers, brokers, claims team members, underwriters, and actuaries need to understand what redress is, how expectations may differ widely and that financial redress is just one aspect of a wider package.
Delegates will learn from this presentation:
- current active schemes including in Australia and as recommended in Northern Ireland
- challenges associated with the provision of redress including around apologies
- likely damages and costs associated with redress schemes
- inter-action with civil and state compensation
- lessons learned from previous schemes