With strong ambitions for growth and expansion, BLM’s goal is to be recognised as one of the leading global insurance and risk law specialists by 2020. The firm has now broken through the £100m barrier and has the strength and breadth to work with more customers across more lines of business and in more locations.
In 2014, we restructured our business to reflect our customers’ needs. Today, we are more than an insurance and risk law firm - we understand and are firmly embedded into our sector. As well as having more experts in the sector than any of our competitors, our ‘one team’ philosophy is delivering extraordinary outcomes for our customers. Fundamentally, we are helping them to reduce the time and money they spend on managing risk and resolving disputes.
BLM has an efficient service delivery model that maximises our skills, training and intelligence to help make our customers’ lives better and more successful. It is for this reason that we are described in customer surveys and legal directories as a firm with “its finger on the pulse of the market” and as a “technical powerhouse”.
We have established a deep-rooted presence in the general insurance sector, the London Market and amongst brokers. We also have a significant presence among corporate businesses many of whom are multi-national, the public sector and the health and care industry.
Our team of over 200 partners and more than 800 legal specialists are completely dedicated to the insurance and risk market and are recognised for having the capability, creativity and energy to support our customers and help them find solutions to their problems. We regard their problems as our problems and we are here to help solve them.
To be recognised as one of the leading global insurance and risk legal specialists by 2020
To help our customers save time and money reducing risk, resolving disputes and managing claims
We will provide solutions that are clear and concise; delivering a service that is consistent and reliable; and building connected relationships that are strong and enduring
To help us achieve our vision and deliver our promise we will
- Develop the appropriate international presence and capability
- Increase our depth of capability in non-injury insurance lines
- Maximise our ability to provide high quality data analytics
- Use the right resourcing models for different parts of the business
- Build a powerful thought leadership and knowledge management capability
- Teamwork - We are in it together to support, implement and achieve
- Courage - We will have the strength to challenge the conventional, be confident in our actions and inspire along the way
- Focus - We will ensure clarity of purpose, total commitment, delivering a positive impact