- Nick is head of the disease practice at BLM which consists of 21 partners, 52 qualified solicitors (associate and assistant solicitors) and 32 paralegals across seven locations around the country.
- His expertise lies in complex policy coverage issues, the apportionment of disease claims between insurers and strategic and test litigation.
- Nick regularly speaks at seminars. He has advised the Association of British Insurers (ABI) on the Mesothelioma Claims Handling Guidelines and was also on the Ministry of Justice committee for the Disease and Illness Pre-action Protocol. Nick is deputy chair of the Forum of Insurance Lawyers Disease Special Interest Group.
- In 2013 he chaired a working group of leading insurance lawyers advising the ABI on mesothelioma claims and in 2014 he gave evidence as a witness to the House Of Commons Justice Select Committee on legal reforms for mesothelioma claims.
- Attended the Law Society’s consultative committee on the pre-action disease and illness protocol.
- Chairs the FOIL disease special interest group.
- Is a co-author of the ABI's mesothelioma handling guidelines.
© Copyright 2007 - 2015, BLM